I love my dogs




My twin passions in life are photography and dogs. My dogs are as much a part of my family as anyone else, and I try to include them in everything...even my bio photo has them in it, although not my husband! (he's behind the camera, so I like to think he's there in spirit)

Their names are Luna (the grey and white female Alaskan Malamute) and Tonka (the black and white male akita). Luna will be 4 this month, and Tonka is 1 1/2. We raised both of them from 8 weeks of age, but because Tonka is the youngest we still call him baby names. We fail to see the irony in referring to a 110 lb hunk of muscle as "little man".

This picture is of them enjoying the 1/2 acre yard at the new house. Sometimes photos of them playing can make them look aggressive, but their body language is quite normal for two dogs who know each other well. I love to watch them, they never cease to make me smile.

No comments: