Amberly and Josh, March 27 2006








Wow, a lot of things about this wedding were awesome, but the absolute best part for me was the father daughter dance. Amberly and her dad danced to a song that, well I don't know the name of it but it was basically about a new daddy tucking his precious baby girl into bed and thinking about her future. As they danced, Amberly's Dad sang the words to her. People do that a lot at weddings but there was something about this one, the combination of the lyrics, the music, and the expression on his face...everyone in the family was tearing up, and I had to hide behind the camera at one point because I started weeping too! It was beyond sweet.

Well I guess Mr. Simpson and I are even, because he told me that he had almost lost it himself earlier in the day when he saw me taking pictures of Amberly wearing his late mother's beautiful wedding ring. The ring was very meaningful to her, so we set up a specific time to shoot some pictures that drew attention to it.

For those who don't know, it is actually pretty common to incorporate some specific ritual to honor relatives who have recently passed away at a wedding. I think that tying the cycles of birth/beginning and death/ending together like that is very meaningful and cathartic for all involved.

Amberly and Josh are sweet, fun, and very romantic with each other. They seemed to be into big band music at the wedding so I picked Sinatra for their slideshow.

I wish them all the happiness in the world.

To see the slideshow, click here.

To see their engagement session now, and the full wedding proofs where they are up (in about 2 weeks), click here.

No comments: