Claremont Resort and Spa Wedding, Berkeley CA

January 20, 2007

This wedding was just incredibly beautiful. The love, beauty, and visible emotion of everyone involved was evident and moving to photograph. What a great way to start off the new year!

I was originally a bit worried at the late day and the lack of light after the ceremony since I knew we would want to take some romantic pictures of the bride and groom alone outside (and Mikey the groom was ADAMANT that he would not see his bride before the ceremony), but shooting in the dark really pushed my creativity and we got some incredible atmospheric shots from that period of time, which we never would have gotten had we had normal daylight to work in. These shots ended up being some of my most cherished from the entire day.

Elaine Tobias and the folks at The Claremont gave me all the help I needed (including watching my expensive equipment for me, a golf cart to whizz us back and forth from the poolside area where we took romantic shots, and a guide to walk us there when said cart turned out to only have one seat!) and did a great job decking out the ceremony and reception rooms, and Mike from Red Carpet Entertainment did a great job keeping the party going into the wee hours. But most of all I want to thank the bride and groom for being so beautiful, so heartfelt, and so in love...you guys made my job easy.

Here are some shots:

One fave from their E session at the Sutro Baths Ruins in SF



both wrote their own vows



Aimee looking hot in window light



end of ceremony as the sun sets behind them



a private moment post-ceremony


walking out to do pics with me



some of those cool night shots I was referring to







Want to see more?
Slideshow
Proofs